Saturday, June 17, 2006

Captain log – June 13th 2006

I spent the night in a pretty cheap hotel, after a fairly long search for cheap accommodation in Tokyo. It was the night when Japan lost against Australia 1-3 after they were leading the game 1-0 after the first period. Since I was quite jet-lagged I watched part of the game and the first cultural discrepancy came as I saw people literally crying because of the result, being extremely frustrated by the fact that they did have the lead.

This was to be the first in a long line of what I like to call in the spirit of politically correctness “cultural discrepancies”.

It was a typical Tokyo weed-day morning at rush hour in Tokyo… I have never seen so many people walking at such speeds and I have finally seen the train pushers, but once again, this chapter will be revisited for sure later.

No comments: