Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ryokan




Next day in Kyoto I had to move to a different Hotel since the Swedish familly started to suspect that my loyalties are with the Finns so my life might have been in danger.

It was the time and the place for me to try the traditional Japanese housing, the Ryokan. (fig).
The basics are that you sleep on a mat on the tatami floor , you get your shoes off at the very entrance, you change your shoes when you go to the bathroom, there is a curfew (11pm) and there is no internet. The curfew does not really mean much, as I pointed out before, Japanese people (at least where I've been) they go to bed really early, but the lack of internet was painful.

2 comments:

MB said...

Tiberiu-san

With that beard you look like Shogun. :-)

I work with japanese guys.

Here is a short story I wrote a long time ago about this. In romanian. It's called

Makiko

M-am e-mailuit cu furnizoarea Japoneza si i-am scris(am pus putina paprica si piper) ca in Japoneza stiu citeva cuvinte: Kamikadze, Sumo, Harakiri, Akiro...ca nu exista scris in Engleza pe strazile Japoniei, a ,inca niste cuvinte, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, Tokio, Hiroshima, Nagasaki....

Mi-a scris intr-o Engleza simpatica ca nu-mi pot imagina cit de mult s-au schimbat, ca Japonia e o tara foarte moderna acum. I-am trimis o poza a mea si mi-a raspuns:(Copy&Paste)

Wao!!! Your looks is so nice, friendly, and kind express. If I have a chance to take a picture myself, I will send you soon and please have a look me too.
I will, I will.....poza mea arata un grasan asa ca si a ei poate sa arate o grasanca, he...he...
Makiko, o cheama pe veverita asta, nu reusesc s-o trag de limba mai mult. Insa m-a invatat noi cuvinte in Japoneza:

Arigato = Thank you
Yorishiku = Best regards,
Doitashimashite = You are welcome, not at all and my pleasure
Domo = everything greetings
Matane = see you

You can get many Japanese, right ?( Asta m-a intreaba la sfirsit, adica Balaure cu un cap vorbesti acum Japoneza)

Have a nice night !!!

Right, ochi oblici, o sa am un nice night.

Oi ce noapte am avut, am visat o statuie de diavol si cind n-am dormit, m-am gindit obsedant ca nu am comandat niste piese la timp. Dar in curind o sa invat mai multe despre Japonia......

Arigato.

Jenica Domo.:-)

erityistutkija said...

Your loyalty for the Finns is hereby acknowledged and highly appreciated. Perkele!