Tuesday, June 20, 2006

where art imitates life



Well, once again the blogger permutated my images... anyways, I've hunted and surely enough found many cultural, social and technological differences between Japan and the rest of the western world as I know it. After careful consideration I decided not to put them all in my blog but only a few which are proeminent and special somehow.

When browsing any food shop you will notice that the boxes are not covered (fig 2) so anyone can take a look inside. THe funny thing is that they look really good, but if you look carefully (and only if you look carefully, fig 1) you will notice that they are all plastic.

You may ask why did I chose this particular example; maybe because it is very widespread among the street vendors to have plastic mocking of their products.

No comments: